Monday, December 8, 2014

Bucket Lists

As part of a school literacy week project, both Helen and Connor had the opportunity to write bucket lists. Their bucket lists were to include 10 things they wanted to do prior to turning 12. With only 2.5 years left, I'm pretty sure we won't hit everything for Connor - but they both have a fighting change of getting through several.

Connor's list:

1. Stay awake for 24 hours in a row. (Maybe he's thinking of another international flight?)
2. Run a half marathon. (This would be fun! And doable! We're going to shoot for a 10K this fall.)
3. Stay with just my grandparents for 3 weeks. (Ahem, Grandma Carlene and Grandpa Rodney - maybe you shouldn't have made things so fun this past summer.)
4. Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower (Oh lord - do you not remember how tiring it was to get to the first level a year and a half ago?)
5. Get taller than my mom. (A virtual guarantee, though maybe not before age 12.)
6. Eat 5 muffins in 1 meal. (Ick.)
7. Get $2,000. (Better get the raking business going again - and remember to take out the trash every week to get your allowance!)
8. Get a 30 game winning streak in Pokemon. (I seem to be able to lose no matter what deck we play with, but I'm not sure I'm ready for this.)
9. Run an 8:30 mile. (I think he's already done this - but he'll certainly be doing it consistently by spring.)
10. Go on a roller coaster that goes upside down. (Calling cousin Emily and Uncle Bill!)



Helen's list:
1. I want to climb to the top of the Washington monument. (Lucky day! I learned last week that they are opening tours to walk DOWN the steps in the near future. Not quite the dream, but close.)
2. I want to get taller than my mom. (Fat chance, sister. You're a peanut just like me.)
3. I want to get a job. (Boom! I support that - although by 12 might be a bit of a stretch.)
4. I want to stay up all night. (Ugh. This does not bring out the best in you, Helen.)
5. Jump off a moving swing. (Should I up the MSA for next year?)
6. I want to do a cartwheel. (You will. Probably in a few weeks.)
7. Go on a roller coaster that goes upside down. (Calling cousin Emily and Uncle Bill again!)
8. Go to Ohio. (?)
9. Learn how to read. (You're almost there!)
10. On violin, learn 110 more pieces. (This will be fun! You've got 2 already with 1 more close behind.)




Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment