Monday, January 5, 2015

The Tree

Many years ago, I purchase a very sad looking fake tree at Target - and then I decorated it with approximately 3 million lights, and I really do love it.

As with most years, Connor kicked off the decorating with a garland he made during the several months where I pretended he still needed a nap, but rather than sleeping, he hung out in his room for "quiet time". My mom had gifted him the yarn for his birthday, and by December we had an enormous garland. It's the first of the hand made decorations to hit the tree.


Helen followed by placing what is my all-time favorite hand made decoration - the tree she and I made a few years ago. It has almost every color of wool I've ever dyed. It's a nice reminder of a craft I once enjoyed, but have retired due to time constraints.


After we had put on many, but not all, of the ornaments - Ed played the role of family photographer - and it is now that I will point out that the sweater I am wearing was my summer / fall knitting project.


By the end of the season, we had a last ornament to add - a snowman crafted by my mom, that is the perfect partner to the snow(wo)man Helen and I had crafted earlier. His hat is divine. (Thank you, Mom!)


Come tomorrow, we'll be packing this and more up for another year.

Merry Christmas, all.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment